Annual Report on Atlanta CEO Council
Summary Report of 2014 Key Accomplishments.
In 2014, the Atlanta CEO Council helped executives grow their networks, their business and their impact on our community. At Atlanta CEO Council events, entrepreneurs, investors and thought leaders develop the valuable relationships that are necessary for success. This year, as we have for the past 15 years, the Atlanta CEO Council focused on networking, mentoring and giving back to the community in new and creative ways. Our members represent:
- More than 2,000 entrepreneurs, investors and thought leaders employing more than 50,000
- $1.1 billion generated in investments, financing and exits
- Greater than $10 billion contribution to the local economy
Report Highlights, 2014
● Established our pre-event speaker series #OBISeries (One Big Idea) as a “must attend” option for attendees. Sessions continue to be standing room only and we receive positive comments for both topics and speakers.
● Added sponsor hosted executive breakfasts focused on leadership, CEO insight and management topics which we plan to continue on a quarterly basis for 2015.
● Maintained a healthy mix of attendees of entrepreneurs, investors and industry leaders participating at each Executive Reception.
● Improved access to the talent pipeline by partnering with the Metro Atlanta Chamber’s InternNavigator initiative to link college students/graduates and company recruiters. We also established relationships with local universities to connect with our membership.
● Capitalized on our partnership with the Junior Achievement Chick-fil-A Foundation Discovery Center by providing access to the facility and programs and exposing the Council to the broader business community. The Council and our sponsors are highlighted in the facility which hosted 32,000 students, 9,000 volunteers, 15,000 visitors and more than 150 corporate events during the first year of operation.
● Raised nearly $120,000 for Junior Achievement of Georgia through donations and the creation of the stArTLe storefront in the Discovery Center.
● Partnered with like-minded organizations to bring value to our members through special pricing for exclusive industry and thought leadership events. Those organizations include Venture Atlanta, TEDxPeachtree, Metro Atlanta Chamber, TAG, Health Connect South and the Georgia Tech Institute for People and Technology.
● Accelerated social media, website content and communication with both our membership and the community resulting in increased traffic and engagement. This includes a video partnership to add professionally produced video clips of our speakers across the messaging spectrum.
● Added new Sponsors: Arnall, Golden, Gregory, BB&T, BNY Mellon, Coles College of Business at KSU, Estate Strategies (Bert Clark), Friendly Human and McGladrey. Returning sponsors include: Bennett Thrasher, BLH Ventures, Carabiner, Cassidy Turley, Cherry Bekaert, Cresa, CTW Investments, Holcombe Financial, Imlay Investments, King & Spalding, Morris, Manning & Martin, PNC Bank, Porter Novelli, Silverpop, TechOperators, TechSquare Ventures, TriNet and Vendormate.