We had a fantastic dinner with 45 CEOs at Tabla on Nov 4th.
We offer our sincere thanks to our friend and ACEO member, Dr. Raymond Schinazi, Frances Winship Walters Professor of Pediatrics and Director of the Laboratory of Biochemical Pharmacology at Emory University.
Here is a little more about Dr. Schinazi:
- He is an organic, medicinal chemist
- Founded the cure for Hepatitis C
- Cured an estimated 5M people
- Founded Pharmasset and raised around $45M in its 2007 IPO at $9 per share
- Pharmasset was taken over at $137 per share by Gilead for 11.4B
- Gilead made their 11.B investment back in the first year of sales of Dr. Shinazi’s drug
- Curing Hepatitis B is his next project
“I enjoy coming to the ACEO dinners to watch others share learnings, mentor and meet talented CEOs.”
– Dr. Ray Schinazi
We look forward to seeing you at our next dinner.
Board of Directors
Roger Barnette | David Calhoun | Kelly Gay | Harish Mamtani | Palaniswamy Rajan | Asif Ramji | Ashish Thakur | Armistead Whitney | Jeremy Wing